Wednesday, January 25, 2023

17. Pizza and Taco: Rock Out!


Pizza and Taco: Rock Out (Pizza and Taco #5) Stephen Shaskan. 2023. [January] 72 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Taco: Check out my fave band! Pizza: Lollipop and the Popcorns? Taco: YAAAS! Pizza: Anyone can do that! 

Premise/plot: Pizza and Taco--two best friends--are back in their fifth early reader graphic novel. In this adventure, the two decide--with a little back and forth--to start their own band. But, it isn't as easy as they hoped. (And Phineas and Ferb made it look so easy!!!) Will this band break up before they've even written and practiced one song????

My thoughts: I have enjoyed this series. Pizza and Taco are such a fun duo! I enjoy the world in which they live. It's just a fun, super-silly, quirky early reader series. I don't equally love, love, love each and every book the same. (The fourth book wasn't love for me.) But overall, the series is fun and recommendable.

Adult readers will notice some puns and jokes that younger readers may not quite fully grasp.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: