Tuesday, September 27, 2022

149. Charlie and Mouse Are Magic


Charlie and Mouse are Magic (Charlie and Mouse #6) Laurel Snyder. Illustrated by Emily Hughes. 2022. [August] 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Mom was in the kitchen. Mouse was in the kitchen, too. "Mouse!" said Mom. "You are making a mess." "Mom!" said Mouse. "You are making a mess." "I am not just making a mess," said Mom. "I am making dinner." "Well," said Mouse, "I am not just making a mess either. I am making a potion. It is a magic potion." 

Charlie and Mouse are back again in Charlie and Mouse are Magic. There are four stories in this early reader/early chapter book: "Magic," "Invisible," "Animals," and "More Magic."

I love how all the stories flow into one another. I love how the narrative is relatable both to children AND to adults. I love that the whole story seems to read on two levels. 

I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, crazy love, love, love the Charlie and Mouse stories by Laurel Snyder. These characters are among my favorite and best characters ever. Highly recommended. 

Just to note--for better or worse--to the delight of giggly children, perhaps--the kids do get nude in some scenes (as they are playing outside when they think they are invisible...and when they are drying from the subsequent bath.)

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: