Wednesday, September 7, 2022

138. Lily to the Rescue: Two Little Piggies


Lily to the Rescue: Two Little Piggies (Lily #2) W. Bruce Cameron. 2020. 128 pages. [Source: Library] 

First sentence: Snow had melted, the birds were in the trees, and I was in the backyard playing ball with my girl, Maggie Rose, her older brother Bryan, and her even older brother Craig.

Premise/plot: Lily's family goes to the rescue yet again in this installment of the series. This time, the family is responding to a call reporting PIGLETS found at a truck stop. With Lily's help, her family may just make it through this fostering experience. 

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this one as I was reading it. Lily and her human family are so delightful that I wouldn't mind a hundred books. Even if they were all mainly same-same. Find an animal. Rescue an animal. Have Lily help out. Rescued animal finds a new home. The narrative style is so super cute and adorable. 

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: