Monday, September 19, 2022

144. Fenway and Hattie


Fenway and Hattie. Victoria J. Coe. 2016. [February] 176 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: As soon as we get off the elevator, I know something is wrong. Our apartment has no mat in front. The muddy boots and fake flowers are gone. The doorway looks empty. Abandoned. Like nobody lives here. Who took our stuff? Intruders? Strangers? Squirrels?!

Premise/plot: Fenway and Hattie is animal fantasy. The whole book is narrated by the dog, Fenway. He lives with Fetch Man, Food Lady, and Hattie. The family moves from the city to the suburbs which greatly confuses him--at least at first. (He thinks, for example, that his yard is a "dog park.") Fenway's biggest worry is that Hattie is forgetting him; She is his world, but her interests are ever expanding. (She loves, loves, loves her new treehouse, for example, and she's also become interested in baseball, I believe.) Will these two stay best, best, best friends?

My thoughts: I found this one an enjoyable and quick read. This one was a recommendation from my sister. So glad I read it. I look forward to reading more in the series.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: