Tuesday, June 28, 2022

75. Inspector Flytrap


Inspector Flytrap (Inspector Flytrap #1) Tom Angleberger. Illustrated by Cece Bell. 2016. 112 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: My phone rang. "Hello," I said. "Flytrap Detective Agency." A slow voice started asking me questions. "Is this Mr. Flytrap?" "My name, I answered, "is Inspector Flytrap. I am a detective." 

Premise/plot: Inspector Flytrap and his handy-not-so-handy assistant Nina (who's a goat) solve a handful of 'big deal' mysteries in Tom Angleberger's Inspector Flytrap. It is the first in a series. As these two are solving one mystery after another after another, hilarity ensues. 

My thoughts: I loved this one. I am late to the party, I admit. Only just now discovering a series that started in 2016. But late or not, I am here for it. I first discovered Angleberger's WACKY, WACKY, whimsical world with his DJ Funkyfoot series. Three series are interconnected--Inspector Flytrap, Didi Dodo, and DJ Funkyfoot--and take place in this world. 

All of the series are illustrated chapter books or early chapter books. 

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: