Tuesday, June 21, 2022

72. A Cat About Town


A Cat About Town. Lea Decan. 2022. 44 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Well, hello! I'm Cat. And this is Lisa. She takes care of me. I am HER cat.

Premise/plot: CAT stars in this picture book. Each day of the week Cat is living with someone else and living life large. But on Sundays she returns home to Lisa. 

My thoughts: The book has a SUPER LARGE format. But don't expect it to be packed with text. Quite the opposite actually. The text is super simple. Two to three sentences per two-page spread. While not every spread is exactly the same, many feature a large amount of white space. It's a definite design choice. The text definitely follows a pattern... On Monday.... On Tuesday.... On Wednesday... etc. 

I liked this one okay. 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: