Sunday, June 12, 2022

68. New Pup on the Block


New Pup on the Block (Wednesday and Woof #2) Sherri Winston. Illustrated by Gladys Jose. 2022. 96 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: "May we interview the twins?" I ask. Mrs. PomPom frowns as we climb her front porch. Five minutes ago, she ran into my yard yelling that she'd been robbed and needed help. Believe it or not, that happens to me a lot. 

Premise/plot: Wednesday and Woof are starring in their second mystery in New Pup On the Block. While hanging out with a new friend (and new friend's service dog), her brother's drone is stolen. Can Wednesday and Woof piece together the clues to discover the thief? 

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this one. I think I liked it more than the first book (which makes sense for an early chapter book mystery series). I am getting to know Wednesday more. It is definitely a mystery, but the characters have substance.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: