Friday, November 26, 2021

170. I Don't Want To Read This Book


I Don't Want To Read This Book. Max Greenfield. Illustrated by Mike Lowery. 2021. [November] 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: I don't want to read this book. I know it happens to be the title of this book, but let me make myself very clear. I really don't want to read it. I meany why would I read this book?

Premise/plot: The narrator--a reluctant reader--does NOT want to read this book. There are plenty of reasons WHY.

My thoughts: I loved, loved, loved this book. I did. I thought it was so much fun and definitely relatable. I wouldn't ever classify myself as a reluctant reader--not really. But I was reluctant to read most things attached to school assignments. I remember one time writing in an actual assignment that I chose to read this book--I believe it was a biography of Sam Houston???--because it had LARGE PRINT and pictures.
But back to the book in hand, I loved this one because the narrative was GREAT.

I think my favorite quote was, "I don't want to read any book that has a paragraph in it. Paragraphs belong in chapter books, and chapter books are for people with nothing better to do."

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: