Tuesday, November 23, 2021

168. Interrupting Chicken: Cookies for Breakfast


Interrupting Chicken: Cookies for Breakfast (Interrupting Chicken #3) David Ezra Stein. 2021. [October 26] 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: It was bright and early for the little red chicken. "Good morning, Papa!" said the little red chicken. "Oog," said Papa. "Wake up!" "Chickennn," groaned Papa. "I don't want to wake up yet. It's Saturday!" "But look! I brought us breakfast in bed." "Really?" said Papa.

Premise/plot: LITTLE Chicken--our INTERRUPTING chicken--has brought his Papa breakfast in bed!!! Three guess as to what he's serving!!! But will Papa go for this? Will he really allow them to eat cookies....for breakfast???? This amusing exchange results in some stories...and some interrupting. Cookie may just find their way into some classic Mother Goose rhymes.

My thoughts: I really LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this one. I do recommend the other two books in the series. Though I don't think you'd have to read them first to enjoy this one. I love these two characters. I love the stories. I love the interruptions. I love Little Chick's one track mind!

I think my favorite dialogue is this,

"Cookies are healthy! They have lots of vitamins."
"What vitamins?"
"Vitamin C for Cookie!"
"Let's just read, okay?"
"Okay, Papa."

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: