Tuesday, July 20, 2021

80. Anne's Tragical Tea Party

Anne's Tragical Tea Party. Kallie George. Illustrated by Abigail Halpin. 2022. [February] 72 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Anne Shirley danced through the door of Green Gables. Her arms were full of branches covered in colorful leaves. “I found these in the woods where Diana and I have pretend tea parties,” said Anne. “I am going to decorate my room with them. Don’t they look beautiful?” Marilla frowned. “They look messy. Mind you don’t drop leaves everywhere.”

Premise/plot: Anne's Tragical Tea Party is the fourth book that Kallie George has adapted from L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables. In this illustrated chapter book, Anne invites Diana over for an 'ordinary' tea party with disastrous results. But all may be ended when Anne saves the life of Diana's younger sister. Life is never dull with Anne and friends!

My thoughts: I love, love, love the Anne books by L.M. Montgomery. And I am loving each and every one of these chapter book adaptations. George does a great job adapting the material. And the illustrations are always so wonderful and charming.

I highly recommend the series.

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: