Monday, July 19, 2021

79. Inspector Jacques


Inspector Jacques. (Jack Russell Dog Detective #10) Darrel and Sally Odgers. 2010. 80 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Sarge was eating breakfast when the postman rattled the mailbox.

Premise/plot: Sarge's wedding may be getting closer, but for Jack and his sprat, Preacher, plenty is going on in the town of Doggeroo. There's an Inspector Cook in town with his dog--a French dog--Inspector Jacques. These two think Sarge is a criminal--an art thief! Can Jack (and Preacher) prove that Sarge (and his fiancee) are innocent? Can they show show these inferior detectives who the real criminal is?

My thoughts: I liked this one! I can't remember if it's in this book or the previous book that readers learn that Foxie has puppies as well. After ten books, readers are getting to know all the humans and pets in town. The series has a cozy feel to it. Jack is definitely being a parent first and foremost in this one. It's sweet to see this relationship developed. As for the mystery, it's a bit silly, but I didn't dislike it.

This series was originally published in Australia. I believe that ten were published in America. Ham Heist may have been as well, but, it's so far out of print that I'm not likely to find it to complete my collection. (I'm not paying $21 for it!)

I love this series as a whole. Some titles I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED so much. Others I "merely" liked a great deal. I do recommend the series if you can still find it.

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: