Saturday, June 26, 2021

70. The Fabled Stables: Trouble With Tattle-Tails


Trouble with Tattle Tails (The Fabled Stables #2). Jonathan Auxier. Illustrated by Olga Demidova. 2021. 96 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: At the top of the world sat an island. At the heart of that island lived a boy named Auggie. Auggie was just like most other boys, except in one way. He had a job. Auggie worked in the Fabled Stables--a magical place full of one-of-a-kind creatures.

Premise/plot: Auggie--joined by an eager Willa (whom we met in book 1) and a reluctant Fen (whom we also met in book 1)--work together to save a town from an invasive and replicating menace: tattle tails. These talking tails literally drive people crazy by their incessant talking or tattling as the case may be! It all started with one person's curiosity...

My thoughts: When I first read this one I liked it but didn't quite love it. The second time I read it, I definitely appreciated it more. I think I might like it even more than the first book. I read the two books back to back. I think that helped me.

It's a fun adventure starring silly characters. In a way, this one reminded me of a Mrs. Piggle Wiggle story. 

I would recommend both books.

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: