Monday, June 7, 2021

60. Loveblock


Loveblock. Christopher Franceschelli. Illustrated by Peskimo. 2020. [October] 84 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Love is a journey...and I'll be with you every step of the way.

This board book celebrates love and loving relationships. The illustrations are all of animals. The text is super-sweet perhaps syrupy. It features a lot of flaps and fold outs. 

It is a board book in Abram's block series. Other titles include Alphablock, Countablock, Dinoblock, Cityblock, Buildablock, Farmblock, etc.

Like the other books in the series, it's a bit bulkier than other more traditional board books. It is more like a block. As I mentioned earlier, it features a lot of flaps, fold outs, and cut-outs. It isn't unwieldy like some board books that are more like a toy. 

There is text on every page but not really any story. Each page says something about love in general. 

I do like it. I'm not sure it is my favorite and best of the series. But I like it.

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: