Tuesday, April 21, 2020

53. Time School: We Will Remember Them

Time School: We Will Remember Them. Nikki Young. 2020. 112 pages. [Source: Review copy] [j fiction; speculative fiction; time travel; history; World War I]

First sentence: “Has anyone ever asked where you come from? Do you know? Mr Mundair?” “Yes, Miss. I came from Kirkshaw this morning.” Ash Mundair. Already firmly established as the class joker within the first few weeks of the Year Sevens beginning their secondary school careers.

Premise/plot: Four friends: Jess, Nadia, Tomma, and Ash find themselves running late for school one day--they catch the morning train--just barely. But they sit in the last car, something they've never done before. They soon notice that all is not as it should be! Their train is now a STEAM TRAIN. The destination remains the same--the village where their school is located. But they've gone BACK IN TIME.

What was Hickley School like in 1918?!?!

 My thoughts: I love, love, love, love, love time travel stories. I do. I would recommend this one to anyone who loves time travel stories OR to those with an interest in world war I.


© 2020 Becky Laney of Young Readers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this lovely review! I love this book too!