Wednesday, July 10, 2019

We Need More Nuts!

We Need More Nuts! Jonathan Fenske. 2017. Penguin. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: One nut. Two nuts. Three nuts. Four nuts. We have four nuts. WE NEED MORE NUTS! Five and six and seven eight. Fun. Fun. Fun! These nuts are great!

Premise/plot: Two squirrels--one seemingly more enthusiastic than the other--acquire TWENTY-THREE nuts. This is a fun counting book written in rhyme starring two squirrels. It isn't your traditional counting book, not really, it has its quirks. (For example, when the eleventh nut goes missing, he makes his squirrel friend SPIT THEM ALL OUT AND START AGAIN.)

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I did. I think I did end up liking it better than the second book, Please, No More Nuts. I can be a bit judgmental when it comes to books written in rhyme. I'm a picky reader. But Fenske does well here with his rhyme.



© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: