Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Gondola to Danger

Gondola to Danger: A Miss Mallard Mystery. Robert M. Quackenbush. 1983/2019. Simon & Schuster. 80 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Miss Mallard, the world-famous ducktective, was at the opera festival in Venice when the Italian police asked for her help. A priceless masterpiece had been stolen from the Doge's palace.

Premise/plot: Miss Mallard is back for another adventure. This time readers find the ducktective in Italy. The authorities suspect an artist, El Ducko. But Miss Mallard has met El Ducko before; she believes that El Ducko is being set up. Will she be able to find the art thief in time?

My thoughts: I really love this series. I wish I'd known about it as a kid. This was an enjoyable installment in the series. In fact it may be one of my favorites. (I liked that it didn't discuss "ghosts" or "demons.")

© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: