Friday, November 2, 2018

Mr. Monkey Bakes A Cake

Mr. Monkey Bakes a Cake. Jeff Mack. 2018. Simon and Schuster. 64 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Mr. Monkey makes a cake. He adds sugar. He adds an egg. He adds bananas. That's okay. Monkeys like bananas. Mr. Monkey mixes the cake. Mr. Monkey bakes the cake. Mr. Monkey frosts the cake. Good job, Mr. Monkey! Now you can eat your cake!

Premise/plot: Jeff Mack has a new early reader series for young readers. The first two books are Mr. Monkey Bakes a Cake and Mr. Monkey Visits a School. In the first book, Mr. Monkey bakes a cake. But it isn't as simple as you might think: mix a cake, bake a cake, eat a cake, or share a cake with a friend. No this is a FUNNY story with plenty of twists and turns. Also plenty of BANANAS.

My thoughts: I really LOVED this one. I read both books in one sitting. This was my favorite. I loved Mr. Monkey's comical adventures. He is a HOOT. Dare I say an absolute hoot?! 

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: