Friday, November 2, 2018

Mr. Monkey Visits a School

Mr. Monkey Visits a School. Jeff Mack. 2018. Simon and Schuster. 64 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Mr. Monkey learns a trick. Almost. He tries it again. And again. And again! He gets it! Now he's ready to put on a show!

Premise/plot: Mr. Monkey has been invited by a school librarian to visit the school. It's a good thing he's just learned a new trick. But performing a trick and learning a trick aren't quite the same thing. So many unexpected things happen--even before he arrives at the school. What kind of show will Mr. Monkey put on for the students?!

My thoughts: Jeff Mack has a new early reader series for young readers. The first two books are Mr. Monkey Bakes a Cake and Mr. Monkey Visits a School. I really enjoyed both books. My library's "hold" sticker covered up the number on the spine, so I happened to read the two books out of order. Would I have enjoyed Mr. Monkey Visits a School more if I'd read the books in order? Maybe. I don't know. I definitely enjoyed it. Mr. Monkey--as I mentioned earlier--is a HOOT.


© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: