Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The Wall in the Middle of the Book

The Wall in the Middle of the Book. Jon Agee. 2018. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: There's a wall in the middle of the book. And it's a good thing. The wall protects this side of the book...from the other side of the book. This side of the book is safe. The other side is not.

Premise/plot: A knight is convinced that his side of the wall is safe...but is it really? Could the knights have his facts wrong?

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this one. It is a quirky--but fun--read. Adults may enjoy this one just as much--if not more--than children. I loved seeing the action unfold on both sides of the wall. The text is very understated, in my opinion. The illustrations were quite revealing. (Dare I say that one could "read" this one without being able to read the text?)

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: