Friday, October 5, 2018

Board book: Bath! Bath! Bath!

Bath! Bath! Bath! Douglas Florian. Illustrated by Christiane Engel. 2018. 18 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Today we had such fun! fun! fun! But now the day is done! done! done! You're so full of dirt! dirt! dirt! Take off your pants and shirt! shirt! shirt!

Premise/plot: Who's ready for BATH TIME?!

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this one. I wish my library had Douglas Florian's Play! Play! Play! I'd love to compare these two. If the children in Bath! Bath! Bath! are the same children in Play! Play! Play! I bet they play hard. These kids are happy and filthy--absolutely filthy. The good news is that bath time is an extension of play time as far as they are concerned. Baths are FUN.




© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: