Thursday, July 12, 2018

The Itsy Bitsy School Bus

The Itsy Bitsy School Bus. Jeffrey Burton. Illustrated by Sanja Rescek. 2018. Little Simon. 16 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: The itsy bitsy school bus was ready for the day. Backpack was full with lunch and books, hooray! Dropped off at school, it was time to learn and play.

Premise/plot: This board book is meant to be sung to the tune of The Itsy Bitsy Spider. It stars an 'itsy bitsy' school bus who is starting school. Will the bus like school or perhaps even love it?

My thoughts: I liked it okay. I did. It worked better as a song than I thought it would at first glance. When I get a book like this in the mail, my first response, if I'm honest, is to groan. It looks dinky. But not all books that look dinky are dinky.

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: