Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Mr. Putter and Tabby Ring the Bell

Mr. Putter and Tabby Ring the Bell. (Mr. Putter and Tabby #20) Cynthia Rylant. 2011. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: It was fall. Mr. Putter and his fine cat, Tabby, loved fall.

Premise/plot: Mr. Putter grows nostalgic for school in this one. Will his friend, Mrs. Teaberry think of a way for the two to return to school?!

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I would have enjoyed it more if the pages hadn't been stuck together with something. Part of me shudders to think what could have made these pages so sticky. But that is part of reading library books.

This one includes a quick flash of Mr. Putter as a boy. I liked that. I like seeing his red hair and glasses. I like that he wore plaid even as a boy.

There is plenty in this one to bring a smile. I would definitely recommend this one and the series as a whole. 

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: