Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Case of the Desperate Duck

Case of the Desperate Duck (High-Rise Private Eyes #8) Cynthia Rylant. Illustrated by Brian Karas. 2005. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: One day Bunny and Jack were putting together a puzzle in Jack's apartment. "This is hard," said Jack. "It's supposed to be hard," said Bunny. "But it's a brown pyramid in a brown desert," said Jack. "Right," said Bunny.

Premise/plot: Frustrated over a puzzle--and the increasing sarcasm of one partner--the two decide to go to high tea together. But while there enjoying their tea--and DESSERTS--they get a new case to solve. Someone has stolen a box of sugar cubes?!?!

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one well enough. I must say I identify more with Jack in this one when it comes to puzzles!!! I would recommend this early chapter mystery series.


© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: