Monday, March 12, 2018

Henry and Mudge in the Family Trees

Henry and Mudge in the Family Trees. (Henry and Mudge #15) Cynthia Rylant. Illustrated by Sucie Stevenson. 1997. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: One day Henry and Henry's big dog, Mudge, and Henry's parents were sitting on the porch when a letter came. The envelope said INVITATION. Henry loved invitations. Mudge loved them, too, because they usually meant cake.

Premise/plot: Henry and his family have been invited to the family reunion. It will be the first family reunion that Henry has attended. Or perhaps the first he can remember attending. Will he have fun meeting his extended family?

My thoughts: I liked this one. I am not as familiar with Henry and Mudge OR Annie and Snowball as I am Mr. Putter and Tabby. In fact, until reading this book I did not realize that Henry and Annie were cousins. I think my favorite part was seeing how much his family LOVED meeting Mudge. 

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: