Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Board book: Tinyville Town: I'm a Firefighter

Tinyville Town: I'm a Firefighter. Brian Biggs. 2016. Abrams. 22 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: When I'm on duty, I sleep at the fire station.

Premise/plot: Brian Biggs has a board book series set in Tinyville Town. Each board book introduces young listeners (readers) to someone who lives in the town. Each board book focuses on a profession. In this board book, little ones meet a firefighter and get a behind the scenes look into a day in his life.

My thoughts: I enjoy this series. So far I've read three books: I'm a Firefighter, I'm a Librarian, and I'm a Veterinarian. My favorite of the three is I'm A Librarian. But all three books are solidly good. I like that the text is simple and straightforward. There are just a few words per page, but a story is still being told. The books are informative, but, not boring. 


© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: