Saturday, August 12, 2017

Board book: Are You My Cuddle Bunny?

Are You My Cuddle Bunny? Sandra Magsamen. 2017. Scholastic. 12 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Do you like to snuggle in the rain? Do you like to nuzzle on a train?

Premise/plot: Are You My Cuddle Bunny? is a heart-felt book. The cover of the book features several elements cut from felt. The arms and ears of the bunnies. What you see is what you get. Sandra Magsamen has a brand and that brand is CUTE and PRECIOUS taken to the extreme.

My thoughts: For parents who can't get enough cute and sweet and precious and adorable, I'd recommend Magsamen's novelty board books. This is what my sister and I would call a "When Will It Be Spring?" book, a type of book that is perhaps a bit too precious for its own good, a book with more sweetness than substance. But every family is different. And I will say this in the book's favor: It is short and simple. There are only a few words per page. The book flows well from page to page. The shortness of the text make it ideal for sharing with little ones with almost nonexistent attention spans. Also something to keep in mind: reading any book with your little one is a positive experience to be celebrated.  

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: