Tuesday, December 26, 2023

341. Sabrina Sue Loves the Moon


Sabrina Sue Loves the Moon. Priscilla Burris. 2023. [December] 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Sabrina Sue lived on a farm. One night she saw the moon and the stars. I want to go to the moon, she thought. She thought about the moon in the daytime. She dreamed about the moon at night. She sang about it. 

Premise/plot: Sabrina Sue is a fantastic chicken who stars in her own series of books for young readers. This book is part of a larger series. Sabrina Sue has always been a dreamer--a big dreamer though small in size, and obviously a chicken at that. In this one she dreams of going to the moon....

My thoughts: I've greatly enjoyed Sabrina Sue in the past. I didn't quite love this newest adventure. Some of her dreams seem lofty and difficult, but a chicken going to the moon is a bit too over-the-top for my overthinking brain! Sometimes I have to be in the right mood to enjoy. Definitely some books you have to suspend your disbelief to fully embrace and enjoy. 

I do recommend the series. 

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: