Sunday, December 3, 2023

311. Perfect Piggies (Board book)


Perfect Piggies: A Book! A Song! A Celebration! by Sandra Boynton. 2010??? 2023. 24 pages. [Source: Library] [Board book]

First sentence: Ba-ddo-bah Doink! Doink!

My thoughts (preview): If a board book is only good if you go to the YouTube channel and watch a video from the author's channel, then is the book really good????????

Premise/plot: Pig-themed entertainment for little ones. This book celebrates all things piggy.

My thoughts: Sandra Boynton has a YouTube channel. Perhaps not all books have accompanying videos. But her most recent ones do seem to [mostly] have videos. If you want the "song" and "celebration" of this board book to shine, you will need to watch the YouTube video. OR else be super-super-super musically inclined and creative yourself. The video has text that the book does not have. It is not a one-for-one correlation. So the video cannot read this book to your little one. 

I liked the video well enough. The board book on its own without the video falls a bit flat for me. Though I do like board books and picture books starring pigs. So I should like this one more than I do.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: