Tuesday, December 20, 2022

211. Maybe Maybe Marisol Rainey


Maybe Maybe Marisol Rainey. Erin Entrada Kelly. 2021. 160 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: There is a magnolia tree in Marisol Rainey's backyard. The tree is named Peppina. It is perfect for climbing. The branches are practically made for human feet. It's as if Peppina wanted to say: Step here, and here, and here. 

Premise/plot: Marisol Rainey stars in a new early chapter book series. In this one, Marisol slowly but surely--with plenty of struggles along the way--works to overcome her fear of climbing trees. Marisol struggles with [little] fears and [little] anxieties that add up day by day, week by week, month by month, year by year. 

My thoughts: I love, love, love, love, love, love, love Marisol. I think she's a GREAT heroine. I'm so glad to have met her. This book has all the feels. I can't recommend it highly enough. I'm sure I'd have read this a million times as a child. It was so awesome.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: