Monday, December 5, 2022

206. Lily to the Rescue: Dog, Dog, Goose


Lily to the Rescue: Dog, Dog, Goose. W. Bruce Cameron. 2020. 144 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: I am a dog, and my name is Lily. I have a girl, and her name is Maggie Rose.

Premise/plot: This is the fourth book in W. Bruce Cameron's Lily to the Rescue early chapter book series for young readers. Lily is a working dog. He goes with Maggie Rose's mom to 'work' at the animal shelter. He has a special gift with working with ALL sorts of animals--often time stressed animals. In this one, for example, he's "working" with BABY geese that have been abandoned. Maggie Rose doesn't know that by introducing Lily to the geese, that they will "imprint" and think that Lily is their actual mom. So that's one story line. The other is with Maggie Rose's siblings. One of her brothers has bonded with the oldest dog at the shelter....will the family be bringing home another dog?????

My thoughts: I really LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this one so much. It may just be my favorite so far. I loved both stories so much. I love seeing Lily as a mama to these geese. So very adorable. I also liked getting to know Maggie Rose's brother(s) better. These three have really come along way since book one. (I remember they used to tease her more than they do now.)

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: