Friday, December 2, 2022

204. Teeny Houdini: The Super-Secret Valentine


Teeny Houdini: The Super-Secret Valentine. (Teeny Houdini #1) Katrina Moore. Illustrated by Zoe Si. 2022. [January] 112 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Squirt! I squeeze a big glob of glue onto my Valentine's Day box. Then I pour a million gazillion rainbow sparkles on the glue glob.

Premise/plot: Bessie Lee (aka our lovable teeny Houdini) is looking forward to celebrating Valentine's Day with her classmates, well, most of them. And this year the class will have a secret valentine. Every student will give/receive an extra valentine. Bessie will be making a super-secret valentine for the new student, Jae, but he doesn't talk much...if at all...and she wants it to be extra-extra special. But her idea of extra-extra special, well, to be honest might be the stuff of nightmares. Can Bessie redeem a horrible Valentine's day???

My thoughts: I like the narration. I do. I don't love this one quite as much as book one. But it is good fun. I liked getting to spend more time with Bessie at home and school.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: