Wednesday, February 9, 2022

24. Dear Librarian


Dear Librarian. Lydia M. Sigwarth. Illustrated by Romina Galatta. 2021. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Dear Librarian, May I tell you a story?

Premise/plot: Dear Librarian is the story of a girl, Lydia, and her special librarian. Lydia is recounting her experience of moving. Her family doesn't have a home of their own, a space of their own. They are staying with various members of their extended family. Lots of change and some uncertainty. But Lydia finds a home--in the library. And she finds a friend in the librarian.

My thoughts: This book is based on the author's experiences as a child. So if the picture book feels a little out of sync with contemporary times, that's probably why. I am not complaining. I do think there are some timeless things in the story itself. In fact I appreciate the fact that it is based on real experiences (and emotions). It feels authentic.

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: