Monday, February 7, 2022

21. The More the Merrier


The More the Merrier. Davie Martin. Illustrated by Raissa Figueroa. 2021. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Hey, hey, here comes Bear--
Over rocks, under trees,
Kicking feet, bending knees,
Stepping high, stepping low,
Stepping fast, stepping slow.
And he's not alone, or not for long,
Loose as a goose...
It's Moose!

Premise/plot: The More the Merrier is a fun rhyming book starring LOTS of forest animals. These animals each have their own unique way of being happy, of having fun.

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I liked the rhyme and rhythm of it all. I like books that have a good flow. Some books just have this certain something that makes them great to share as a read aloud. One's appreciation for the text is improved upon reading aloud and hearing it. (Not that it is not enjoyable read silently.) It's just that poetry is meant to be heard or dare I say it... performed???

I think this one should be published as a board book as well.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: