Sunday, September 26, 2021

150. Dear Beast: Someone Is Missing


Someone Is Missing (Dear Beast #3) Dori Hillestad Butler. Illustrated by Kevan Atteberry. 2021. [September] 80 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Dear Beast, It has come to my attention that something is bothering Andy.

Premise/plot: Someone is Missing is the third title (I believe) in Dori Hillestad Butler's Dear Beast series for young readers. The books consist of letters--mainly between Simon, a black cat, and Baxter, a dog. (Simon calls Baxter, "Beast.") Both love, love, love their human (boy), Andy. In this one, Andy is sad, sad, super-sad that the classroom pet has gone completely missing. Can Simon solve the mystery of what happened to Louie??? (Louie is a leopard gecko). Can he do it on his own???? Or will it take a "village" of animals working together???

My thoughts: I have not read the previous books in the series. (I do have them on hold at the library). I enjoyed this one. I do think it would have made slightly more sense if I'd read the books in order. But overall, I enjoyed it enough to WANT to read the previous books. I think the books are silly and fun.

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: