Monday, September 13, 2021

143. Raised in a Barn


Raised in a Barn. (Good Dog #2) Cam Higgins. Illustrated by Ariel Landy. 2020. [December] 128 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: The sky was a clear blue.

Premise/plot: Bo loves playing with Comet the new colt on the Davis farm. Comet loves playing with Bo. These two--though different--have quite a good time together. But silly Bo, well, he decides it is HIS job to teach Comet how to be a horse!!! The results aren't that great. This chapter book has a few adventures and misadventures with this pair.

My thoughts: I liked this one. I definitely liked the first one better. But I think that's just how it may be with this series books. I can see that some titles I may especially like, and others maybe not as well. Still, Bo is super cute and adorable. I think the series would make a lovely addition in homes and libraries.

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: