Thursday, September 2, 2021

133. Trailblazers: Lin-Manuel Miranda


Lin-Manuel Miranda: Raising Theater to New Heights. Kurtis Scaletta. 2021. [January] 192 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: On May 12, 2009, Lin-Manuel Miranda decided not to do what the president had asked.

Premise/plot: This is middle grade nonfiction--a biography of Lin-Manuel Miranda. The book focuses on his life--birth to present--and his career--from early days to present. The book provides background and context to musical theater and Broadway. It includes mini-biographical sketches on those that have worked and collaborated with Miranda.

My thoughts: I found this a quick, informative read. I liked learning a few new-to-me details. I hadn't heard that he was reading at 3 years old! (Just one example). I would definitely recommend for fans of Hamilton or In the Heights.

It is always refreshing to see new and contemporary biographical offerings for students to choose from.

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: