Tuesday, July 21, 2020

78. Bones in the Badlands

Bones in the Badlands (Time Spies #2) Candice Ransom. Illustrated by Greg Call. 2006. 128 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Mattie peered into the dining room.

Premise/plot: In the first book in the series, Secret in the Tower, readers meet three siblings who time travel: Alex, Mattie, and Sophie. (Sophie the youngest always, always, always brings her elephant, Ellsworth, along). The first adventure has the three going to 1781 in Virginia to witness Revolutionary War heroes in action. The second adventure has the three going to the Badlands in 1898 to meet up with archaeologists hunting dinosaur bones. It is a risky life! For there's quite a competition going on between paleontologists! The children will have to use their spying skills for sure!

My thoughts: I definitely enjoyed this one. I stand by what I said in my review of the first book. I think I would have definitely loved the series as a kid. This one should prove appealing to anyone interested in time travel, adventure, spying, or dinosaurs!


© 2020 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: