Wednesday, November 20, 2019

I Am Someone Else

I Am Someone Else: Poems About Pretending. Lee Bennett Hopkins, editor. 2019. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: There is nothing better than being yourself. You are unique and special in every way.

Premise/plot: This is a collection of poems that celebrates playing pretend or make believe. Many poems imagine what it would be like to be to be a grown up. Think...a police officer...a fire fighter... an architect...etc.

My thoughts: I wanted to love this one. I did. I loved playing pretend when I was little. I loved to pretend I was Laura Ingalls going west in a covered wagon. I loved to play going on vacation. I could go on, but I won’t. Instead of really being about pretend and make believe...it focuses instead on career options and choices.

I think careers are covered in many curriculums. This would be great for classroom use.


© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: