Thursday, October 24, 2019

I Am So Clever

I Am So Clever. Mario Ramos. 2019. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: One gloriously sunny morning, the wolf came upon Little Red Riding Hood: “Hello, my dear! How fine you look in that delightful outfit.”

Premise/plot: the wolf never doubts his cleverness in this fairytale remix. This one does offer a twist or two. When the wolf arrives, Grandma is not home. But he does find her nightgown and dons it. Will his disguise fool anyone?! Maybe. Maybe not. But the wolf ends up regretting his decision...

My thoughts: I wanted to love it. I didn’t. I think I picked this one up because of the cover. I loved the expression on his face. The illustrations of the wolf were great. (The people not so much.) The text was translated into English from the French. I liked it well enough. But it didn’t wow me.

Text: 3/5
Illustrations: 4/5
Total: 7/10

© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: