Monday, October 28, 2019

Board book: Farmblock

Farmblock (Board book) Christopher Franceschelli. Illustrated by Peskimo. 2019. Harry N. Abrams. 92 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Cock-a-doodle-doo! Good morning, ducks! Good morning, farm!

Premise/plot: Does your little one love farm animals? Board books set on the farm featuring farm animals are abundant. Some have a story. Some don’t. Some focus more on concepts: colors, numbers, seasons, etc. The story is very minimal in this one. Through the pages, seasons change. But it doesn’t start off as being an obvious seasons book. It is like the book switches tracks halfway through.

My thoughts: I have read other books In Christopher Franceschelli’s block book series. I typically love them. Sitting down with a new one is usually a joy. I do like this one. I just don’t love it. It is important to keep in mind that I am not the target audience. I think little ones will still enjoy the chunky size, the easy to turn pages, the flips and flaps. 


© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: