Saturday, February 2, 2019

Fox the Tiger

Fox the Tiger. Corey R. Tabor. 2018. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: "I wish I were a tiger," says Fox. "Tigers are big. Tigers are fast. Tigers are sneaky. Tigers are the best." Fox has an idea.

Premise/plot: Fox the Tiger won the Theodore Seuss Geisel Award for 2019. In this I Can Read early reader, Fox has an IDEA that becomes contagious. He wants to be a tiger...so he paints on some stripes. He then goes out to face the world as a tiger...or does he? Will his paint fool anyone?

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this one. It was FUN. I am glad that Fox's idea is so contagious. I loved seeing what would happen next. (For example, the turtle decides to become a RACE CAR and paints the number 4 on his shell.) I loved the text and story. I loved the illustrations. I loved the humor--and the heart. 

© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: