Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Arrr, Mustache Baby!

Arrr, Mustache Baby! Bridget Heos. Illustrated by Joy Ang. 2019. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 40 pages. [Source: Review copy]

 First sentence: Baby Billy was born with a mustache. Baby Javier was born with a beard. Usually they were fine young gentlemen.

Premise/plot: It is always a joy to see Baby Billy playing well with others. But. Sometimes he doesn't. In this newest book in the series, Billy and his friend, Javier, become PIRATES. Will they end up in the dungeon?

My thoughts: I love, love, love this series. I think this book may just be my new favorite. The book opens with these friends at THE POOL. The text reads, "One day Javier and Billy set sail across the seven seas. Ahoy!" It continues, "As Captain and first mate, they rescued shipwrecked passengers..." the accompanying illustration reveals it's a Barbie doll. From the start, readers can catch on this one is going to be a HOOT.

I loved the story. I loved the text. I loved the illustrations. It just works.

My review of Mustache Baby and Mustache Baby Meets His Match.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10



© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: