Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Board book: Have You Seen My Lunch Box?

Board book: Have You Seen My Lunch Box? Steve Light. 2017. Candlewick. 18 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Time for school. Where are my socks?

Premise/plot: The star of this one is having trouble finding things! Can you help him out?

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this one. It is a seek-and-find board book. Little ones are asked to help find an object on each page or spread. Often this is phrased as a question. (But not always). The text is simple and straightforward. The illustrations are silly and delightful. If little ones don't fully appreciate the illustrations--in all their details--perhaps parents will.

For example,
I need to find my crayon.
In this one he is looking in the bathroom. The crayon is mixed in with toothbrushes.
Is my robot here?
In this one, his robot is in the refrigerator of all places!

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: