Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Board book: Good Night, My Love

Good Night, My Love. Sandra Magsamen. 2013/2018. Scholastic. 10 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Good night, my little buttercup. It's off to bed for you. Good night, my precious baby bear. May all your dreams come true.

Premise/plot: Good Night, My Love features a squishy, sparkly moon. The board book also features flaps to lift. It is a bedtime themed board book for little ones.

My thoughts: The text is sweet. The illustrations are as well. Is it my absolute favorite bedtime book? NO. Not really. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Joyce Wan's You Are My Cupcake which was published in 2012. Though technically You Are My Cupcake isn't bedtime-themed. It can be read--perhaps should be read--morning, noon, and night.

Reading to little ones is essential. Your child is never too young to start. 

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: