Wednesday, February 7, 2018

My Friends Make Me Happy

My Friends Make Me Happy. Jan Thomas. 2018. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 48 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Hi, Sheep! Hi, Friends! Can you guess what makes me happy?

Premise/plot: Sheep has asked his friends to guess what makes him happy. The clue? It starts with the letter F. Will Donkey, Dog, and Duck be able to guess?!

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I probably enjoyed My Toothbrush is Missing a little bit more. But. This one is still super-fun and a great addition to the Giggle Gang series of early readers by Jan Thomas. I love this gang of friends--always have, always will. And whether they are starring in picture books or early readers, they make me smile.

I do think that the more familiar you are with the characters, the more you'll get out of it. For example, I'm thinking about the turnips reference.

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: