Saturday, September 2, 2017

A Fairy Friend

A Fairy Friend. Sue Fliess. Illustrated by Claire Keane. 2016. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: There are fairies in the sky. All around you, fairies fly, flit and flutter, tumble, twirl, when the wind blows, fairies swirl....

Premise/plot: This picture book is definitely in verse. (The book doesn't just rhyme, the text is arranged in verse format.) The more you love poetic language, descriptive text, and imagery, the more you'll be able to appreciate it.

My thoughts: The text was okay for me. It was. I can enjoy poetry when I'm in a certain mood. And I don't have anything against fairies. (I clap my hands for Tinker Bell every time.) But it was the illustrations that called to me and said: TAKE THIS BOOK HOME FROM THE LIBRARY.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 8 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: