Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's A Book


It's A Book. Lane Smith. 2010. August 2010. Roaring Brook Press. 32 pages.

What do you have there?
It's a book.
How do you scroll down?
I don't. I turn the page. It's a book.
Do you blog with it?
No, it's a book.
So a monkey and a jackass are having a discussion about a book the monkey is reading. The jackass is a bit clueless as to what a book is, what it does, what it's for, etc. And so the monkey is having to explain it over, and over, and over again. Will this donkey ever get it?

The publisher's synopsis says this is a "delightful manifesto on behalf of print in the digital age." And that description sums it up well.

I liked it. I thought it was cute. I'm not sure it's for everyone. But for the right audience, it works.



© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: