Monday, September 25, 2017

Tea With Oliver

Tea with Oliver. Mika Song. 2017. HarperCollins. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Oliver talks to himself a lot. It's a nice day for tea, but who will have tea with me?

Premise/plot: Philbert is a shy mouse who LOVES tea. More than anything he wants to be friends with Oliver. Will Oliver ever read one of the letters that Philbert has written him? Will Oliver ever see him? Will these two tea-lovers ever become friends?

My thoughts: Those who know me know at least two things about me: 1) I love, love, love CATS 2) I love, love, love TEA. Tea with Oliver has to be one of my personal favorite books that I've read this year. I am not saying that objectively, but subjectively. I love Philbert. I can relate to Philbert. His shyness. His loneliness. His invisibility. His wanting to be heard. Oliver is also a great character. He is also a bit misunderstood. The best friends you can have aren't always the most obvious.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10 

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: