Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pocketful of Posies: A Treasury of Nursery Rhymes


Pocketful of Posies: A Treasury of Nursery Rhymes. Salley Mavor. 2010. September 2010. Houghton Mifflin. 72 pages.

I loved this one! I just LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. Salley Mavor's artwork--her needlework or embroidery--just amazed me. Each and every page of this one wowed me. (You can look inside this book at Amazon.)

The book is a collection of nursery rhymes. You'll find familiar favorites alongside lesser known rhymes. What makes this collection special--really special--is the artwork. It excited me! I just love reading and rereading this one!
I eat my peas with honey.
I've done it all my life.
They do taste kind of funny.
But it keeps them on the knife (47)
Little Miss Muffett
Sat on a tuffet,
Eating her curds and whey;
Along came a great spider,
Who sat down beside her,
And frightened Miss Muffett away. (28)
This would be a great book for parents (and grandparents) to share with the children in their lives!

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

1 comment:

Emily said...

This book is beyond adorable! I definitely want to check out the whole thing now. Thanks for posting about it! :D