Thursday, June 3, 2010

Zig and Wikki In Something Ate My Homework


Zig and Wikki in Something Ate My Homework. Trade Loeffler and Nadja Spiegelman. 2010. April 2010. Toon Books. 40 pages.

Wikki, are you playing video games again?
Yes, Zig. I almost beat level ten.
Turn that off! We always get lost when you drive!
It's OK! I know where we are! I think...


Zig and Wikki are aliens. Wikki is falling behind in his schoolwork. His homework is late, late, late. And his teacher is not happy. What is his assignment? To bring in a pet for the class zoo. Fortunately--or unfortunately--these two aliens are close to Earth when they get the call. Can these two find a cool pet on Earth to take back with them? What trouble can these two get into on a strange planet? What can they learn in such a short amount of time?

Readers can learn--alongside two aliens--some cool facts about flies, dragonflies, frogs, and raccoons.


© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: